Friday, August 31, 2012

15 Year-Old Commits Suicide After Squabble With Father

Residents of Kwanan Bola Street in Badarawa a
suburb of Kaduna metropolis were yesterday
thrown into confusion when a 15-year-old girl
committed suicide allegedly because her father
scolded her. It was gathered that the deceased
drank a poisonous substance.
A source told Daily Trust that the girl after
taking the substance became unconscious. It
was further gathered that when she was
discovered, she was given liquid milk and palm
oil to "slow down the effect of the poison in her
body" before she was rushed to the hospital in
the area where she was pronounced dead.
Our correspondent who visited the deceased's home,
reports that sympathizers were seen trooping to the
house to console her parents.
A source said trouble started when the father of the
deceased, who is a police officer, had an argument
with the deceased over an issue.
"I only talked to her about an issue which I do not like.
I told her that I was not happy with her behaviour. I
said I do not like seeing boys around her, that is all we
talked about. I never raised my hand to beat her. I
liked her because she was a good girl. But look at
what she did to herself. When I was leaving the house
this morning, she was lying down in the sitting room,
and she apologized for offending me. I told her I was
not happy with her recent behaviour, and she told me
to forgive her. I was at the office when I received a
phone call that I should come home immediately that
my daughter has been rushed to Garkuwa hospital.
Before I got there, I received another call that I should
come straight home, where I met her lifeless body,"
he said.
He said initially, the deceased was not living with him,
but that she visited him a few years back and she
asked him to secure admission for her in a secondary
school in the area.
"It was when she visited us that she told me to get her
admission to proceed with her studies here in
Badarawa. She had just completed her junior
secondary school then. I just don't know why she did
what she did," he said.
The mother of the deceased refused to speak to the
press, saying they have left everything to God.
When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer in
the state, DSP Aminu Lawan, confirmed the incident,
saying the father of the girl had been invited for
questioning.
"We have invited the father for questioning because it
seems there was a problem between him and his
daughter before she died", he said.

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

No comments:

Post a Comment